Thursday 25 November 2010

After the pitch.

After the chat, it seems that there's only really one interesting element of it all. The fight itself. Everything else is pretty much secondary, but when push comes to shove, if it doesn't look as good as it's animated, it'll kinda fall through.

I'm a little worried that may be the case, but a few things brought to my attention have given me both hope and direction.
  1. Jackson has informed me that there is a way to simply place a Maya object in After Effects. This will effectively allow me to seamlessly work with the characters and bridge at the same time, making the animation process easier and quicker too.
  2. Justin is totally up for some Choreography and acting. He wields a staff just like Zhuang does, has a similar build (legs that are almost needlessly long) and he is easy to get a hold of, since he randomly appears at my house whenever he feels like it.
  3. Justin also knows a few Chinese guys for voice acting, so looking for talent has a few new options rather than posting it up in Uni.
So here is my new to-do list:
  • Re-do the character sheets for both characters, since the bow leggedness has become less apparent, and Zhuang has changed completely.
  • Make tests to recreate a canvas look.
  • Re-do the bridge to make it more artsy, and experiment with placing said bridge into After Effects.
  • Get the storyboard finalized, especially the choreography and key elements of the fight scene.  Since the bridge may become thinner, heavy planning is required.
  • Script it.
  • Create a document that looks into fight Choreography, and its evolution.
I plan to spend Monday evening and Tuesday day filming some choreography and making a start with animating towards the final week of Christmas (since the next few weeks will be focused upon my seminar and visual effects), hopefully making sure the fight itself is finished towards the end of weeks 13 and 14.

Really, I'm not making anything truly ground breaking or original, but I never fancied myself an artist. I prefer to be an entertainer...

    1 comment:

    1. guessing that this probably won't be an issue for a one-man animation, but something to maybe thing about in terms of fight choreography- http://thesilentknights.blogspot.com/2009/10/rule-of-thumb-battle-fatigue.html

      ReplyDelete