Friday 5 November 2010

More Thoughts

So I started thinking about the execution. I'll have to heavily storyboard the project, since I've started to think that maybe masks and tracking would be a better option rather than putting the 2D into Maya. Not just because it is very system heavy, but Maya has a nasty thing where you must project the image onto a shape, which means that fixing the shape to a camera can make the movement of the characters difficult.

With this in mind, it may be best to just animate the characters with a rough BG and then move the 3D model camera around according to the storyboard to make it fit the characters. Thank Christ I have a second screen to reference from now...




Here are some quick sketch ideas for the background and environment. I'll probably go for a painted background and filter all the final video onto a white parchment style texture to make everything seem like a painting. It will be minimal colours since my focus is on the animation itself, so if I have time towards the end, I'll add light dashes of colour to the scene to give it a tad more depth. Otherwise, it will be very black and white.

I'm starting to become very excited with this project now. I'm quite willing to say that this may very well be my best work yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment